Thursday, June 2, 2016

May 2016 Recap: School (EEP), Air Awakens, Reviews for June & More

May 2016 Recap post header for Mara Was Here
I don't think there's much that happened this May that I can chat about with you guys. Though I did just join the Air Awakens fandom because VHALLA AND ALDRIK AHHH HOW CAN YOU NOT EVEN. (I'm still hungover about those things that happened on Fire Falling and Crystal Crowned. To those of you who've read the books, I KNOW YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. *weeps*)

(Oh and I swear I don't intentionally join new fandoms every month. It just... happens.)

Book Reviews

This month was my first try at a blog tour and I'm so happy it turned out really well! If you haven't seen my post for it yet, then you definitely should. (Just sayin'.)

Discussions, Lists, Etc.

Now that I look at it, I just realized that May was full of list posts. Not like I didn't enjoy writing them, though. They're the kind of posts that are really fun to write! Then again, I'll try writing more discussions this June.

Stuff From The Bookish Depths of the Internet


Book Reviews for June

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Maton book cover Air Awakens series by Elise Kova book covers
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas book cover The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater book covers

This lineup may be my most favorite as of yet. I MEAN COME ON JUST LOOK AT THOSE BOOKS. ALL OF THOSE ARE AMAZING. (Well, not all of them are 5 stars for me but, well, you get the point.)

(Also all of them have very pretty covers.)

Random Musings

  • I binge read the Air Awakens series recently and now I'm addicted. Like, terribly adicted. I've drawn Vhalla and Aldrik, stalked some fanarts and got myself lost in Elise Kova's website. I am not kidding. HOW DOES ONE EVEN WAIT FOR A SEQUEL.
  • I've reached 100 followers on both Twitter and Bloglovin'! YAY. I know it isn't much, but STILL I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF *self-hug*
  • School starts in a few days, and I have no idea if I'm prepared for it. Am I? I don't think I am. Can I just drink a liquid that can automatically make me remember all the things I need to know at school or something?? That would be VERY convenient. #lazyteenager
  • I'm also trying out a new post header style for the blog. It still has the black opaque-ish background. Only the fonts have changed and there's this new box thingy on it now. What do you guys think? Does it look okay?

What were your highlights this month?

author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top