Sunday, May 1, 2016

April 2016 Recap: My Right Knee Hurts, and I’m Also a Sucker for ToG Now

By “A Sucker For ToG” I mean excessively flailing over how badass Celaena is and how Chaol went from “OH MY GOD THIS GUY IS MY BAE” to “EXCUSE ME WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!” in a span of two books. And also Rowan. EXCESSIVELY FANGIRLING OVER ROWAN. WHO DOESN’T LOVE THAT GUY?!?

Also, poor Aedion who’s forever the sad fifth wheel. SOMEONE GET THAT GUY A WOMAN.

BOOK REVIEWS

If you haven't read The Wrath And The Dawn then you are missing out on the wonder of reading REALLY AWESOME books, bruh.

DISCUSSIONS, TAGS & MEMES

I am going to stress the fact that CONVERSATIONS HAS FINALLY LAUNCHED YAY. You can check out my first post for it last April 9th for more information. You might want to join in on the meme, it’s really fun!


I also loved hearing everyone’s thoughts on my discussion about chapter lengths. I swear by my right leg that I will collect all your opinions in my head and remember them while I’m writing my novel. Bless.

BOOK REVIEWS FOR MAY

Glass Sword book cover Wink Poppy Midnight book cover Ink book cover A Darker Shade of Magic book cover
Throne of Glass series book cover

I AM EXTREMELY EXCITED TO FINALLY GET TO SHARE MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THE THRONE OF GLASS SERIES WITH YOU ALL. REALLY. I SWEAR. THE CAPS LOCK DOESN’T GIVE MY EXCITEMENT JUSTICE.

STUFF FROM THE BLOGOSPHERE


RANDOM MUSINGS

  • Because I got accepted in our school newspaper, I got the chance to participate in a writing workshop held at school. I learned quite a lot of things about journalism writing from it, so I think waking up at 6 in the morning for five days was worth it. (At least, I’m forcing myself to believe that. BECAUSE REALLY, WAKING UP AT 6 AM DURING SUMMER?!)
  • I decided to start reading The Raven Cycle a few days ago and I’m already on Blue Lily, Lily Blue. Can I just say that Noah is incredibly adorable?! I LOVE THAT GUY. HE IS MY SON. MY SON, I TELL YOU.
  • CASSANDRA CLARE NOTICED MY AESTHETIC I AM NOT KIDDING I LITERALLY FREAKED OUT. (And earned an “I’m judging you” stare from my older sister BUT WHO CARES WHOO.)
  • I’m also writing a fantasy novel about a girl that can manipulate blood in people’s veins. It may or may not be graphic. But obviously it includes a lot of deaths. *winks*
  • Oh, I also tripped in a fast food restaurant while my friends and I were walking up the second floor to find some seats last Friday. I’m literally typing this right now with my right knee stretched out since I scraped a part just below it and it hurts so much when I walk or bend it. >.< MY STUPIDITY STRIKES AGAIN.

Tell me, what were your highlights this month?

author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top