Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Mortal Instruments Book Tag! (I’M STILL HUNGOVER OKAY, I’M SORRY)

If you’ve been a victim of my Twitter or Goodreads feed, then you’re probably aware of how obsessed I am with The Mortal Instruments, or the Shadowhunter Chronicles in general. I’ve read The Infernal Devices, The Mortal Instruments and Lady Midnight, and have yet to read The Bane Chronicles and Tales From Shadowhunter Academy, but I’ll get there.

In the meantime, I shall bombard you all with intense fangirling using this glorious tag.

(Also, thank you so much Celine (@ Celine Reads) for letting me know about this wonderful tag. I found it on her blog, and you can check out her own answers here.)

SPOILER WARNING: If you haven’t read TID or TMI, then please read at your own risk.


Who is your favorite character? (From any of the books)


I’d say Simon, because he is like a brother to me that no one should ever physically or emotionally hurt or else I will slit their throats BUT – I’m also struggling between Will Herondale and Jem Carstairs. Seriously, SHOULD I REALLY CHOOSE JUST ONE?!


Who is your OTP?


Malec, DUH. That ship is my life. Someone ship any of the two with someone else and I will cry.



Who is the sexiest Shadowhunter in the series?


Clary would most probably say Jace, and Simon would say Izzy (in which I agree 100%), but I’d have to agree with Celine’s answer and say Alec. Especially in the TV series. I mean, have you SEEN Matthew Daddario? HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE HIM?!


I am definitely in love with this guy.


If you could have any Shadowhunter last name, what would it be?


If you’re expecting me to make my own last name, then sorry, because I’m going to use this question to my advantage and claim the Herondale name. I mean, I need that last name to LIVE, you know? IT CANNOT DIE. I will tell my descendants to fall in love with someone if I have to.


Who is your favorite actor in the TV show?


Matthew Daddario is one of the few reasons I’m still sticking with the TV show, honestly. And Malec. I’m also still there for Malec.


Who is your favorite actress in the TV show?


I’d say Stephanie Bennett, because I love how she portrays Lydia in the show, but she’s only a guest star and I’m pretty sure we’re not going to see more of her after episode 12 (hopefully not though, because I FINALLY APPRECIATED LYDIA AND NOW SHE'S GONE).

So, if not Stephanie, then I’d have to say Emeraude Toubia. Like what Celine said, she definitely fits Izzy’s description in the books, and her acting is one of the few in the show that’s actually pretty convincing.



Would you rather hear Jace play the piano, play video games with Simon, Jem play violin, or read a book with Will?


OH, COME ON. How is it even possible to pick?! Ack.

Since I most probably can’t talk about anything musical with Jem and Jace (I can’t play any instruments, unfortunately) to make the experience worth it, and I also won’t have time to talk to Simon while playing video games, I’d have to say read a book with Will. Because duh, it’s reading, and I’m a sucker for reading. Plus, we could possibly fangirl/fanboy together while we’re at it. And it’s Will Herondale. Who can resist William Herondale?


If you could have one rune from the book, what would it be?


I think an iratze would do well for me. I tend to get injured a lot (most I don’t even know why I get them, lol), so… xD

Then again, a Success rune would be cool. Or a rune for Perseverance. It sounds like something that would really help me through life. :)


What Downworlder would you most likely be?


Well, let’s see – be a Faerie and risk getting abused or insulted by the Seelie Queen, be a vampire and get bossed around by your leader, or be a warlock and have ultimate freedom to live forever and be badass while also having the ability to swoosh blue fire from your hand?

I think you know what I’m going to pick here.



TMI or TID?


I’ve said this before, and I’m going to say it again: TID. The writing was more interesting and I definitely felt a greater attachment to the characters there than in TMI.


Who is the most hated character for you in the series?


Hm… Valentine, most probably. He’s basically the root of Jace’s sort-of-annoying existential crisis, Clace’s incest problem, and the reason why Sebastian didn’t get to live with those goddamn green eyes. THOSE GREEN EYES. Oh my God, that scene in CoHF is making my chest hurt again…


If you could spend a day with any character, who would it be?


I’d say Isabelle because I like her a lot, but then again I don’t like fashion that much so… I’m picking Simon. We’d probably spend the whole day geeking out around each other and talk about things other people won't even understand.



Favorite book?


If you mean from any of the Shadowhunter Chronicles, then I’m going to pick Lady Midnight. That book’s improved a lot since TID and TMI.


What did you think about CoHF?


Well, for one, I thought it was really big. (Then again, I read it like any other Cassandra Clare book.) Two, you’d have to wait to read my thoughts about it on April 19th, where my reviews for City of Fallen Angels – City of Heavenly Fire will be posted. ;)


Thing you are most looking forward to in the fandom


For The Last Hours to be released already because DUH, MORE WILL HERONDALE AND BRO. Z. Also, I’m pretty sure there’ll be some hilarious moments with Will and Brother Zachariah in that series. My fangirl senses tell me so.


Worst cliffhanger?


I don’t really know, because I practically binge read TID and TMI in nearly two months, so I didn’t really experience waiting for their next releases. So this leaves me to the cliffhanger on Lady Midnight.

Like, really. MARK. “WHY LIE?”?!?! REALLY?! HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO WAIT FOR LORD OF SHADOWS WITH THAT?


Favorite scene… ever?


Well, this is hard. I honestly can’t think of a scene that I really loved the most. I mean, a lot of scenes have amused me, but… well, I don’t think I’ve found one that’s “touched my heart” yet.

Unless you count that last chapter + epilogue in Clockwork Princess. Oh my God. Will Herondale. THE TEARS ARE COMING BACK.



Jem or Will?


Can I just sacrifice my life for them instead? YOU CAN’T POSSIBLY EXPECT ME TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THEM.


What scene/thing are you looking forward to in the Dark Artifices?


Anything that involves more Mark and Kit. Because clueless Mark is adorable, and more Kit means more Tessa and Jem. 

Oh, and can I add more Malec and their children, too? That snippet from Lord of Shadows with Kieran and Max is just adorable.


If you could say one thing to Cassie, what would you say?


“Hi, I love you and I've become so obsessed with the Shadowhunter Chronicles and I don't even know if it's healthy anymore but thank you so much for creating such an amazing world."


If you can play one character in the TMI show, who would it be?


Isabelle Lightwood, of course. Badass, strong, courageous, and cares for her family. Basically everything I like about a girl/heroine. Also, I’d love to try out using a whip as a weapon (and laugh as people around me struggle to get away as much as possible).






I had so much fun doing this tag! Apologies if you were somewhat irritated with my incessant blabbering. I just wanted to talk about the Shadowhunter Chronicles to someone, at least.;-;

Anyway, do you like any of Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunter books as well? Who's your favorite OTP? What was your favorite or most painful scene in the books? Is there anyone who's as Malec trash as I am out there?!? LET'S TALK SHADOWHUNTERS, PLEASE.
author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

1 comment:

  1. I realize the following is quite lame
    for most in this world forgetting Jesus...
    yet, we must follow God's Rules:
    who gave U.S. free will? God Almighty.

    Where you going
    at death's hour, earthling?
    If 1-outta-1 bites-the-dust
    and if you dont yet know,
    lemme show you how to wiseabove;

    When our soul leaves our body
    and we riseabove to meet our Maker,
    only four, last things remain:
    death, judgement, Heaven or Hell
    according to the deeds we mortals
    have done in our finite existence:

    Find-out what RCIA is and join.
    Make Your Choice -SAW:
    https://youtu.be/YnVuhY38V1A
    Jesus sez...
    I. love. you.

    Google+: kold_kadavr_ flatliner

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top