Thursday, February 18, 2016

Do You Read More than One Book at a Time?


Do you read two or more books at the same time?


Ever since around two or so years ago, I’ve come accustomed to reading two books at the same time – one on my phone, and another one with a physical copy. See, I didn’t think it’d work out at first since I’d most possibly get the stories mixed up with one another. But eventually, it’s become such a habit of mine that I’m now doing it all the time.


Currently, I’m reading Prodigy by Marie Lu at school and then Stars Above by Marissa Meyer on my phone. The two have completely different plots, which makes it easier for me to determine what scene happened in which book the last time I’ve read it. However, that’s not always the case.


Sometimes, I tend to mix the plots together


Before Prodigy and Stars Above, I was reading The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare at school and A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab at home or anywhere else. Both include magic and fantasy, which made it quite hard for me to cope with both of their plots. Whenever I pick up aDSoM and continue reading, I end up forgetting what happened, and accidentally think that there are vampires and such in the book which obviously existed in TID, not aDSoM.

In the end, I had to put aDSoM on hold.

But why did I choose that book to mark as on hold?


Mostly because it was an ebook copy, and I always prioritize my physical books more than my ebooks. I don’t know why, though. I just do. >.>


In the end, if I read more than one book at a time, they’d have to be completely different from one another


Learning my lesson from the above situation, I’ve decided that if I read two books at the same time, they should be completely different from one another. The other could be about dragons and pirates and fairies, but the other one should be about aliens and space ships and the galaxy or something. Or it could even be a contemporary. Or horror. I don’t know. JUST ANYTHING THAT’S DIFFERENT.


But WHY do I do it?!


Well, for the most part, I like reading a lot of books. There are tons of books on my TBR that I’ve yet to read (and many of them have even been a year or more old), and I don’t think I can wait to read them anymore! We only have such a short life, and I don’t think it’s enough to read so many books published every year. SO WHY JUST READ ONLY ONE BOOK AT A TIME?


See, PewDiePie understands me.



Have you ever read more than one book at a time? How do you manage to do it? Do you have a hard time doing so? Why don’t you do it? Share your thoughts below!
author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top