Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Clockwork Prince: MY HEART. MY EMOTIONS.

Click to go to Goodreads page
TITLE: Clockwork Prince
AUTHOR: Cassandra Clare
GENRE: YA Urban Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance, Historical Fiction
PUBLISHING DATE: December 6, 2011 by Simon & Schuster

AMAZON | GOODREADS | BARNES & NOBLE
In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, but her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart. 

List Review

I totally have no idea how to review this book. IT’S WAS JUST TOO GOOD. Also, a lot happened, and I basically cannot even find the words I want to use to express how I feel about this book. You have no idea how many days I’ve spent thinking how I can review Clockwork Prince. BECAUSE HOW DOES ONE EVEN?



In the end, I ended up making a list review. More specifically, it’s a list of why you should continue on with Clockwork Prince. (Assuming, of course, that you’ve finished Clockwork Angel and is somehow doubting if it would be worth it to read book two.)

(Grave Warning: Gigantic amounts of capslock ahead.)


Why Clockwork Prince is “The Bomb”-Dot-Com


Will Herondale

Of course I’m back to fawning over Will Herondale again. BECAUSE WHY NOT. Also, he’s evolved so much since the first book that I’ve come to love him even more. We get to know the reason why he is the way he is in Clockwork Prince, and I must say – I did get a tad bit frustrated that “it” was fake. LIKE, REALLY?!

But still, I couldn’t help but sympathize with him on Chapter 20. THE PAIN. THE HEARTBREAK. OH, WILLIAM.




Jem Carstairs

Jem becomes even more interesting that he was in Clockwork Prince. And that scene on Chapter 9? LIKE WHOA, JEM. TAKE A CHILL PILL. Everything went from 0-122748473 real quick, honestly.

Also, can he speak Mandarin forever? I don’t understand how he can’t be my Mandarin teacher. I would be SO inspired to learn more than our current one. (Of course, he can’t be my teacher for obvious reasons, BUT THAT’S BESIDES THE POINT.)


THAT EFFING ENDING

I have to say, Cassandra Clare has a frustrating wonderful way of ending her books. ESPECIALLY THIS ONE. UGH. We finally get to know who “Cecily” (a name mentioned in Clockwork Angel) is in Clockwork Prince, and honestly, I am hurtfully cliffhung.

BECAUSE REALLY. IT’S LIKE THE ENDING ISN’T GIVING ME ANY CHOICE BUT TO READ CLOCKWORK PRINCESS ASAP.


There will be more Magnus

And Magnus is life. So why not read Clockwork Prince. Amirite or amirite.


Also, there will be a bit of a “Will x Magnus” scene near the end, which is basically gave me the LOLs. And the feels. I don’t know. WILL X MAGNUS, ANYONE?!


There will also be more Wessa

And nobody can resist a Wessa moment RIGHT? Also, that scene with Tessa and Will in the Lightwoods' country house with Magnus at the end. Hilarious but at the same time heartbreaking for Will, but funny either way.


(That scene also gave me another reason why Magnus is my idol.)


If you don’t like Wessa, then there is also Jessa, so.

This is one of the things why I have this weird feeling about Clockwork Prince. It gives us romantic moments of both Wessa and Jessa, and I just can’t help but cringe over Tessa because of it. Because UGH, TESSA, HOW DO YOU EVEN. I literally need her to appear in real life so I can ask her how to snatch handsome boys’ attentions. Seriously.


And again, Chapter 9. Jem, you little bloody romantic.


There will also be a... er... Well, someone gets engaged



I WILL NOT SAY WHO. I WILL NOT SAY WHO.


Clockwork Prince basically has no chill

Hopefully you’ve already realized this will the all caps and everything above. Really. Cassandra Clare’s writing is beautiful. Every chapter has something interesting in it that you’ll definitely get hooked ‘till the end (THE ENDING (!!)). If you loved Clockwork Angel, then Clockwork Prince will definitely not disappoint (at least, I hope so. Because it didn’t for me.) However, I am still a bit reluctant about the romance in this series. But then again, I still love it anyway.


 

Have you read Clockwork Prince? What were your thoughts? IS ANYBODY AS HYPERACTIVE ABOUT THIS AS I AM?!?
author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top