Tuesday, February 9, 2016

(Mini-Review) Anna and the French Kiss: I WANT MY OWN ST. CLAIR

Anna And The French Kiss book cover
TITLE: Anna And The French Kiss
AUTHOR: Stephanie Perkins
GENRE: YA Contemporary Romance
PUBLISHING DATE: December 2, 2010 by Dutton Juvenile

AMAZON | GOODREADS | BARNES & NOBLE
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?



Mini-Review

As I am still reading Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare, I have decided to publish a mini review for AatFK for today, sorry!

Plot


Simple, but entertaining. There are cliché and predictable scenes from time to time, but I didn’t really mind. The conflict between St. Clair’s affection between his girlfriend and Anna may frustrate a lot of people, but if a reader won’t put up such high standards for this book, then maybe they’ll grow to love it, too.

Characters


AHH, St. Clair. Who WOULDN’T love him?! He's too much of a perfect dream guy. IS THERE EVEN A CHANCE HE ACTUALLY EXISTS IN REAL LIFE? (I’m definitely a member of the St. Clair Fan Club.) Although Anna’s and St. Clair’s choices in the book frustrated me a bit, I kind of forgave them for it in the end anyway. As for their friends – they’re pretty much fun to read about.

Romance


Again, a bit cringe-y because it's so fluffy and sweet, but forgivable. Although I hated St. Clair for two-timing his girlfriend for Anna, I honestly admit that I had the feels whenever the both of them were together.

        

I admit – this book may be too fluffy and cliché for most people, but for those who love light romance and tons of feels here and there, then Anna and the French Kiss may just be the right book for you.
author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top