Thursday, February 4, 2016

A Late Responder


There’s one thing that incredibly frustrates me when it comes to social media that’s connected to MWH – I almost always respond late.

I mean, it’s not like I don’t want to talk to you guys. I do, I really do. I even hate myself whenever I check my Twitter notifications and find out that I haven’t replied to a day-old mention. But sometimes, I just... can’t help it.

Only one of two of these reasons are the cause of this problem:

I Don’t Have A Wi-Fi Subscription

THIS SUCKS A LOT. Because of unfortunate circumstances, we don’t have a Wi-Fi connection installed in our home. Due to this, I always end up wasting money just to get an internet connection that usually lasts for only 24 hours.

See, here in the Philippines we have this Prepaid SIM that works like this: We pay to receive load on our phones, and use them to text and/or call other people. Our SIM cards also have promos, for example, we pay P50 of load to our SIM provider so we can get 24 hours of internet connection (which, I might add, slows down after using up 800MB, which makes me want to pull all of my hair out).

Basically, I can only go online when I’m not broke, and I don’t want to waste money for internet on weekdays since there’s school. So I’m usually online during the weekends. Which is the main reason why I don’t reply quickly, especially on Twitter. I AM SO SORRY.

(This is also one of the reasons why I always ask for Wi-Fi passwords. Especially when it's hella fast. It's basically my own little miracle.)

Currently, I am doing my best to persuade my sister to get us a Wi-Fi plan already. I’m dying here. I’m a teenager. Teenagers need the internet. AND I’M NOT JUST TALKING ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA HERE. I also have school, where our teachers apparently think all of us can afford Wi-Fi connections and give us homework that need them. AGH.

I am a shy potato

Like, really. Whenever I see people talking to me on my Twitter notifications, I actually freak out. I don't know what to say or what to do, thinking whatever I do would just make the person think I'm weird or annoying. Due to this, I'd like to think I'm a bit of a socially anxious person. I just... Find it really hard to talk to people, especially those whom I haven't talked to before.

For example, when I see a reply on one of my tweets, it always takes me a really long time to respond. Eventually, an hour passes and I still haven't responded. Sometimes, I finally tweet back even when I'm still a bit hesitant, but in worst cases, I end up not responding at all. *sighs*
I still have a hard time talking to other people in the book blogosphere, especially in one-on-one conversations, but hopefully I can get rid of this fear of mine soon.


Have you been guilty of not responding quickly on social media or comments? Do you think that’s bad?!
author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top