Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The Inside Out Book Tag! (In Which I Share Books That Gave Me Feels, Shivers, or Remorse)

Before anything else, I would like to thank The Araliya Bookshelf for tagging me. It’s my first time being tagged, so saying that I’m totally TOTALLY happy is definitely an understatement. (Plus, I loved this movie. Wasn’t very fond of Joy, though. But I loved Sadness.) (And no, it's not because I'm emo.) (Well...)


Joy

Which book brings you the most joy?

This may be a bit weird, but the books that give me stress and feels are the ones that actually bring me joy (I like being emotionally manipulated, okay).This one’s a bit unfair, because there are a lot of books that I can pick for this, and I’ll only get to choose one!

But for the sake of this tag, I’ll pick the first book that came into mind, which is Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. I definitely didn’t expect to be introduced with such a magical experience when I bought it. I loved reading this book from start to finish. The story was just... Gah. 

Sadness

Which book made you cry the hardest?

I’d pick We Were Liars be E. Lockhart. Someone recommended this to me and said it was “Freakishly good” and the “Oh my ██ I’M HAVING A PLOT TWIST HANGOVER” type of book. So yeah, of course I’d read it. AND OH, BOY DID I LOVE IT. I always like using my brain to determine future plot twists or pointing out possible foreshadows, and did this book bring me lots of it. I loved how the narrator isn’t that reliable, and by the end of the book, I was bawling my eyes out and ripping hairs off my scalp in frustration, screaming “I WAS CHEATED” multiple times.

Basically, it was one heck of a roller-coaster of feels.

Disgust

Which book grossed you out the most?

I would pick The Selection by Kiera Cass. I borrowed a physical copy of book one from a bibliophile friend of mine (we’re BFFs when it comes to books, honestly), and I have to say – I really did my best to finish the book, but I couldn’t read any further than chapter five. The writing style was just... *cringe* Plus, America Singer, who is an American girl who can sing? Wow. I know a lot of people loved this series, but unfortunately it wasn’t a good one for me, sorry.

Fear 

Which book scared you more than anything?

I’ve only read a few horror books in my whole life (mostly because I’m a weakling who is easily scared to death). But now that I’ve grown old and have forced myself believe that monsters won’t crawl out from under my bed, I’ve only been thinking of reading more horror novels this past few weeks. So the only book that came into my mind for this one was a graphic novel titled  Into The Woods by Emily Carroll. I enjoyed reading it so much. I’d definitely recommend it for a Halloween read. (In fact, I actually did.)

Anger

Which book pissed you off?

Is it fair that I can’t pick a book for this one? (*pretends I don’t hear the “boo’s”*) It’s just that, I’m usually patient with reading books, and I don’t think I’ve read one that really irritated me to no end (either in a good way or a bad way). Plus, I wouldn’t want to randomly pick a novel that really didn’t make me feel angry while reading it, just for the sake of featuring a book for this section of the tag. Sorry, peeps.


I would like to tag: ErinKateJoan and Alyssa to do their own Inside Out Book Tag! And of course, I'd like to tag you, too. :)


Do you have books in mind that made you angry, sad, scared, disgusted or happy? 
Also, have you watched the Disney move Inside Out yet?




author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

6 comments:

  1. SADNESS WAS SO CUTE THOUGH. I hadn't planned on reading the Selection, but I've mostly seen positive reviews--now I'm just going to stick to my initial decision. Hmm, Through the Woods sounds quite intriguing, so perhaps for next year's Halloween?

    Thank you for tagging me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! All the hype about The Selection was the reason I wanted to try the book out, actually. But unfortunately it just wasn't for me, sigh. :/

      Through The Woods is pretty much a short read (you can finish it in probably a day). I hope you'll have fun reading it! :)

      Delete
  2. I did this tag a while ago and I remember having fun doing it. Sadness frustrated me at times in the movie but I loved her. She's so cute!! I even bought the Funko Pop.
    I actually didn't like We Were Liars. For me, it was slow and when a book feels slow, I get sleepy and in a funk and that's what happened with this one, sadly. I'm glad you got to enjoy it though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't help but feel frustrated at how Sadness messed things up for her crew as well, but in the end I still loved her haha. Joy was just... Gah.

      Also, I understand. I thought the pacing was slow too, but the reveal at the end was so mindblowing for me I totally forgot about getting bored while reading the previous parts of the book. xD

      Delete
  3. I cannot agree with these choice more! We Were Liars and Carry On are ones I loved, and I definitely agree about The Selection. I still, shamefully, haven't seen Inside Out--which I am so distraught about! I know I will love Sadness, and, yes, probably because I am SLIGHTLY emo ;D I am going to watch it soon, since I MUST do this tag! Thanks for tagging me, Mara! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Slightly" you say, hmm... *squints one eye*

      Also, WE FELT THE SAME WAY OVER THREE BOOKS. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

      Oh, and you're welcome! I'll be here hoping you'll finally get the chance to watch Inside Out. >.<

      Delete

Back to Top