Thursday, December 10, 2015

How Do You Cope with Your TBR List?


One of the problems all book lovers face are TBR lists.



I love using Goodreads to keep track of books I’m interested in or to just check on my lists to see what I want to read next. However, using Goodreads also means I have all-out access to fresh and upcoming releases I’m interested in, which I mostly tend to add to my TBR shelf. Which also means the said list keeps on growing and growing until I wonder if I can even read all of them before the year ends.

Unfortunately, I still have a lot of old releases on my list, which I take priority the most because it’s better to finish them sooner than let them wait while I finish off the new releases for the month. Like seriously, if I do hold them off for a while, I’ll probably end up reading them the following year. Or worse – I’ll forget to read them ‘till they’re a gazillion years old.

I admit that I’ve finally decided to just totally ignore my November To-Read from my past October Recap post and I blame Illuminae. From then on, I kept on reading recent releases and just totally forgot all about it. The books are still hanging out on my “November TBR” shelf on iBooks and let’s just hope I get back to them before 2015 ends.

Also, I'm still having this same problem and I keep on making myself start reading the Lunar Chronicles already, but these other wonderful books just keep on popping up and I. Just. Can't. Even.

Help me.

Lesson learned: I need to keep up with recent releases so I won’t end up isolating my monthly shelves. Or I just probably shouldn’t make one in the first place and go YOLO.




How do you deal with your TBR list? Do you have monthly ones? Do you have old releases in them as well? How do you organize them? What’s the oldest book on your list? Let’s all talk about our TBRs!
author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

12 comments:

  1. I also use Goodreads, but I also have a priority TBR shelf I created myself for any physical TBR books I have. I'm the opposite, really, because I tend to read recent releases and leave older books for later because I prefer to read the book before everyone's reviewed it and talked about it! Although nothing really trumps an insistent recommendation from a friend with similar reading tastes.

    PS: Sometimes all fails and I adopt the Cait method of standing on top of my TBR and shrieking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get tempted to read new books than clean up my TBR list full of old releases sometimes... Sometimes I win, most of the time the temptation gets to me. >.>

      P.S.: I shriek too.

      Delete
  2. I just make a list. My list is just up there on my pin board...even though I have plenty of time, I just never get around to them. I do, however, work on it during my vacations. Game of Thrones, though...it's been on my lost for months now, and I am so excited to read it in the winter holidays. Cue excited shivering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few of my friends from school who are GoT fans have been recommending me the series for months. But, but... I still have a LOT of things to read. ;-;

      Delete
  3. I don't really have a certain/monthly TBR list. I have a list of books that I get asked to review written down on a dry erase board and cross them off whenever I've finished one. I don't think I could force myself to make a monthly list; that'd be something my rebel ways couldn't stand. I'm actually in the process of writing a post about scheduling.

    It's always nice to see how other people blog. It's quite fun.
    -Kayl @ Kayl's Krazy Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely excited to read that post! Looks like it would really help me considering my school life these past few weeks. x)

      Delete
  4. It's honestly such a struggle. I will put that out there. THERE ARE JUST SO MANY BOOKS. I guess I kind of let it go, and buy/borrow the books that I know I REALLY want to read. The others I wait, and see if the universe wants us to be together (that sounded really cheesy). Anyway, I found your blog through the Positivity Campaign, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! One time I was reading a book on my phone, and then I found myself walking through our school library with a friend and couldn't help but borrow another book. Then I found out my friend owned a different book with a seriously good synopsis that I could borrow.

      Things definitely didn't end well. xD

      Delete
  5. I definitely use goodreads as a way to track my tbr pile and I do have a mix of old and new releases that I need to get to. However, in general I don't set myself a tbr list. Instead I go by my mood and excitement for the book/series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned to do the same as well. I found out that fixed TBR lists really don't work for me.

      Delete
  6. My answer: I don't. It is SO difficult to try and read with such limited time (I blame school), and I usually just end up reading whatever I find at the library when I'm there. XD Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! School's been stressing me out lately too. It's a miracle I can still keep this blog active while going through everything else. xD Thanks!

      Delete

Back to Top