Friday, December 18, 2015

#FF: If You Could Write a Book, What Would it Be About?

Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read, which is made to discover and follow other blogs and get followed in return, as well as writing prompts you can answer every week!
It's the time of the week again for Feature & Follow Friday! Here are the rules if you'd like to join in on the fun:
  1. Follow the hosts (this is a requirement)
  2. Follow the featured bloggers (also required)
  3. Put your blog name and url in the linky thing (you'll know once you check the post on the host's blogs)
  4. Grab the button up there (well not mine, thats customised to match my blog, check out the host's blog posts) and place it in your post, this will give people a place to say 'hi' in your comments and let you know that they are following you.
  5. If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friend Connect) state  in your posts how you would like to be followed
  6. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say 'HI'
  7. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love.....and the followers
  8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment (on the hosts blog) and let them know, so they can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is:

If you could write a book, what would it be about? - Suggested by Go Book Yourself

AGH THIS IS HARD. I have over 30 unfinished novels on my laptop and I still haven't continued them since, uhm, probably over a year ago...? BUT, let's just imagine that I have been blessed by the Bibliophile Angels and that I can actually write and finish a book for once. I'd probably write a fairytale retelling inspired by Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles series. Like really, I was in love with book one. (Currently reading book two.)

I'd include girls inspired by Little Red Riding Hood and Rapunzel for sure, since I've been really interested in their stories when I was a kid. Recently, I've been thinking of writing a Little Red Riding Hood-inspired character that can control humans. Kind of like blood-bending in Nickelodeon's Avatar series or the power of the Lunars to control people against their will in Marissa Meyer's series. I'm pretty sure the book would be a bit mysterious and dark. I love thise kinds of stories.

For the subscriptions, I'd really appreciate more Twitter or Bloglovin followers. But if you'd rather follow me from somewhere else (such as e-mail), then that's all right with me! :)

How about you?

author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

13 comments:

  1. Maybe some day you will around to finish on those books. I'm wanting to read the Lunar Chronicles series also. I'm a new follower on Twitter. I also sent you a friend request on Goodreads. You can see my FF here: http://theresaraymer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try! It's not like those other fairytale re-tellings out there. :)

      Delete
  2. You have THIRTY unfinished novels?! WOW!!! That's some serious writing talent there! I've started one or two, and haven't gotten very far..... I've written some fanfic stories, though. But you've left me with my mouth hanging open! Gee, you should grab your favorite out of the thirty, and go for it!! And then be sure to let us all know when it's going to be published, AND maybe post a short excerpt here for us to sample. You GO, girl!! Happy Writing!! : )

    I'm now going to follow you on Bloglovin' and Twitter!! : )

    Here's my FF post:

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/12/feature-follow-friday-18-topics-for.html?showComment=1450462377163#c2820551308572667045

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this weird habit of writing something, then after a while another good idea comes to mind and I write it and totally forget the previous one I was working on. Exactly why I ended up having over 30 unfinished drafts. It's and endless cycle. xD

      I'll see if I can continue writing at least one of them... you definitely got me motivated! Hopefully I'll end up finishing it eventually and not forget it halfway through haha.

      Delete
    2. Hi, again! Don't worry, I'm just as weird as you! I just don't have as many unfinished drafts as you do! Lol. I do hope you finish one of them, though. And I'm telling myself the very same thing! : )

      Delete
  3. Hopefully you can finish one or more of your books in the future someday! I've been seeing the Lunar Chronicles A LOT on BookTube, especially with Winter recently being released. I'm thinking that I need to read the series, everyone only has good things to say about it!

    New BlogLovin Follower.

    My FF: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/12/feature-follow-friday-writing-book.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU NEED TO READ IT. DEFINITELY. 100%.

      Delete
  4. 30... wow! I hope one day you'll be able to complete a full novel - the fairytale retelling idea sounds really interesting :D I've only read Cinder as of right now but I've heard amazing things about the series (hopefully I'll continue with it soon!)
    Also I'm a new Bloglovin & Twitter follower
    My Feature & Follow post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully! I'm on Scarlet right now, and I think the first book's better than the second, but it's still good nevertheless. I hope you'll find time to continue the series!

      Delete
  5. I would love to write a novel someday, but there are so many ideas and random thoughts floating around in my head, I'm not sure what I would write about--or if it would be any good. I also really love your idea, and am a HUGE avatar fan! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try listing those ideas in your head and, when you're done, mix them together. You'll never know, you might come up with a really cool plot!


      And finally, someone who's a fan of the series like I am! I always made sure to watch it when I was a kid, hoping I could learn to bend the elements myself (even though I knew it was impossible lol).

      Delete
  6. Hi Mara! I hope you continue writing your unfinished novels (30 of them?! Wow.) I write novels too and I've found that the "best" way to improve is never to leave anything unfinished, even if you think that what you've written sucks.

    Love your blog design, by the way! x

    Visit me? www.heyitsgail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking the same, too. Lately I've been scrolling through my drafts and picking one that's my most favorite, and then I'll try to continue it even though I'm pretty sure it does suck. xD But hey, that's what revising is for, right? ;)

      Also, thank you! :)

      Delete

Back to Top