Saturday, December 12, 2015

BPC 2015: The Event Has Finally Reached Its End


In case you missed


The Blogger Positivity Campaign has unfortunately come to an end. And to conclude it with a flourish, I have compiled all the things I've loved about this wonderful campaign. I cannot express how fun it was to discover other blogs and read such positive posts from each and every one of them. It definitely gave me the positivity this campaign aimed for.

Before I start my recap, I'd like to hand out a special thank you to Jillian for making such an awesome campaign idea. I love her. She's adorable. Like a panda. I love pandas.

Advice I've learned through the campaign

  • Don't give in to every piece of advice
A bit ironic, yes. But I've learned that even though there are tons of advice and tips to help you in becoming better as a blogger (or student, or anything else), it is still important to remember what you're aiming for. Not every advice is fit for everyone. Yes, they are helpful and informative, but use those information to pick the ones you know will benefit you. Because following every single advice out there just isn't going to go well for you in the end.


  • eARCs aren't THAT important
I've been debating on whether or not I should join NetGalley or Edelweiss soon. However, whenever I look at my TBR list, I hesitate. Through this campaign, I've learned from a blog post that eARCs aren't really that important. It just takes away your time to read what you really feel like reading, because eventually reading them will feel like a chore.


  • Blogging is not a job, but a hobby
One of the most important lessons I've learned. I started this blog as a hobby - a test to see if communicating this publicly would be all right for me. And so far, it is, and I'm happy about it. This drove me to improve my blog by writing as much as I can and redesigning every bit and detail to make them better, even when I don't feel like doing it anymore. This eventually took lots of time from my daily life and stressed me out. Through this campaign, I've learned to stay chill and do what I want to do, all the while not forcing myself to do anything for my blog when I don't want to. I made this as a hobby, so it shouldn't feel like a chore.

  • Don't forget to love yourself

*Cue Justin Bieber* When I write, I sometimes feel like it looks like crap, or that my readers probably won't like it. I always rewrite it over and over again or, worse, delete it altogether. But through this campaign, I've learned to post it anyway because it's mine, and I wrote it, and other people should accept how I write. Because this is my blog.

  • Don't be afraid to speak out!
There are tons of bloggers out there with open arms to talk with you like you've been BFFs for ten years. Don't be afraid to start conversations, because communication from readers is what bloggers love - it's their goal, actually. So I've learned that I shouldn't think that they'd hate me for talking to them like we're already friends, because eventually I'll try for us be one. 

Things I enjoyed in the Campaign 


  • Spreading love to the community

One of the things I enjoyed in this campaign is how other bloggers did their best to spread love to other co-bloggers. I've always felt like I haven't completely dug my way inside the book blogging community yet, but through the BPC, I've decided that Heckif I haven't yet, then I'll dig even deeper. (In a good way, by the way.) I'm pretty sure this community is filled with friendly people, so I don't think I'll have any problems. :)

  • Knowing that there are others who are willing to help me whenever 
I always hesitate whenever I want to ask other bloggers questions, even when they have Ask boxes on their websites. I'm pretty sure it's me being my extremely annoying shy self. I still haven't asked anything yet, but it's good to feel like there will always be bloggers out there to help me no matter who I am - even when we're not friends (yet.)

  • The group of bloggers spreading positivity 

The main core of this campaign is to spread positivity throughout the whole event, and I'm pretty sure it succeeded. I love the fact that Jillian has thought of such a wonderful idea, because now, I've not just learned about new book bloggers, but also boosted my confidence while reading everyone's posts for each week.

  • Chatting with other bloggers 
I've only gone as far as comment sections (apologies, I'm still shy), but I still love talking to bloggers anyway. I know it's good that I've read and commented on their blog, but it's better when they try and comment back. It just gives me this happy feeling. Hopefully I'll force myself to talk to others on social media this time as well.

Favorite BPC Posts 


Bloggers that inspired you through their posts

And a quote to conclude this wonderful event... 

Dumbledore is ♥
author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

6 comments:

  1. Yessss!!! Another Harry Potter quote to finish this all off! I've loved reading your posts over the last few weeks, Mara and I'm so glad I found your blog because of this campaign! I will definitely continue to visit it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm already doing the same to you haha :)

      Delete
  2. I have loved this blogger positivity campaign so much and seeing it on so many blogs that I follow! I completely agree, we are doing this because it's a hobby about something that we LOVE and it should definitely be about fun and making friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've definitely discovered a lot of new blogs through this campaign, which is a great help for me since I joined this campaign when This blog was still a few months old :)

      Delete
  3. I loved this post Mara! And thank you so much for the compliments. Likewise, I just discovered your blog this year and I really love the colors and the content you post. Also, we come from the same archipelago, haha. It's cool! :)

    The most important lesson I've learned from this community is to treat blogging as a hobby, not as a job, which you mentioned. That happens to be my blogging mantra. If I'm too stressed about blogging, i always have to remember that it doesn't clearly matter to always have to be consistent :) Thank you so much for participating! I had a great time, Mara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. When things feel like a chore, I realize it affects my writing and ends up in me making senseless and weird posts. xD

      Also, thank you! I am in love with your template as well. The floral design is just breathtaking.

      Delete

Back to Top