Sunday, December 13, 2015

BBH: Are You a Review-Only Blog?


Previously hosted by Jen @ Crazy For Books, and now by Ramblings of A Coffee Addicted Writer, Book Blogger Hop is a weekly post to help book bloggers connect with each other. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week's question is:

Are you a blogger that only has reviews on your blog or do you feature giveaways and attention-attracting posts such as personal and bookish posts? Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews

When I revamped my blog, I knew I'd be posting book reviews on at least a weekly basis or so. However, I knew I wouldn't be post only those types of posts. I needed to talk to my readers. To connect with them. So I also publish discussion posts or any other bookish posts out there every now and then.

How about you?
author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

8 comments:

  1. I'm definitely an "all-types-of-things-blogger". I love discussion posts and while I like reviews, they're definitely not my blog's best traffic gaining source. XD So all the types of posts! HUZZAH!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! My discussion posts tend to get more reads than book reviews, ironically haha. It's always a good thing to remember posting book reviews and not losing your blog's main focus though. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Mara! First of all, THANK YOU for that letter you sent during the BPC! It was so sweet and made my day :) *hugs*
    Next, I do agree that it might be difficult to be a review-only blog, since that means you have to be a really fast reader XD Personally, I also try to do a mixture of posts just like you. :)

    Joan @ Fiddler Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even finish a normal 500+ page book in less than a week. xD Discussion posts and other features definitely help to fill in those days where you're still not done reading haha.

      Also, you're welcome! I'm so glad it made you happy. :)

      Delete
  3. I need to tell you you have one of the most beautiful blogs I've ever seen and I really like your template. *looks at template website you used* sneaks away. Also, I'm interested in one of the OTHER templates, does the free one work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, the other free templates work. I hope you'll have fun using them! :)

      Delete
  4. When I first started my blog I almost entirely stuck to reviews! I still post one every Friday, but now I have been trying to branch out a bit, too. I am working on so many discussion posts right now but have been so afraid to post them! XD Personally, I LOVE reading discussions, tags, and the like (including this).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! It's fun to discuss about stuff with a blogger that both of you can relate to, rather than just reading reviews over and over again. I've been posting book reviews once a week now too, which is most probably the schedule I'll be sticking with forever.

      Also, don't be afraid to publish those discussion posts! I'm pretty sure there's at least one person out there who'll love it as much as you do. ;)

      Delete

Back to Top