Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2016 Reading Challenges I'll Be Joining Next Year!

For the very first time, I have chosen to join two book reading challenges for the year of 2016. I didn’t join anything for ’15 considering I revived this blog in the middle of September, but now, I’ll get the chance to finally join a challenge like other bloggers!

Am I excited? DEFNITELY.



The first challenge I chose was the #RockMyTBR Challenge hosted by Sarah @ The YA Book Traveler. The goal is to read a minimum of one book per month that I already own.  Using the hashtag #RockMyTBR, the rest of the members can join in on the Twitter Discussions held periodically. Giveaways during the challenge aren’t official as of yet, but it’s possible!

At the end of the month, we will update the hosts on how we’re doing with the challenge. Exciting? YES. Because I can finally have a reason to *cringe* ignore those new releases and clean up my poor TBR. (Actually, wait, can I just cancel – NO MARA YOU NEED TO DO THIS.)

More information about #RockMyTBR can be found here.

The second one I joined is the 2016 Book Blog Discussion Challenge hosted by Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction and Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight. The goal here is to publish as many discussion posts as I can within the year. This is quite useful for me since I like posting discussions for you guys at least once a week. I think this challenge can motivate me to talk and get to know you guys more, so I’m really excited to do this one!

The sign-ups are available all year round, so you guys can either be early or late to the party – it’s all right! Each month there will be new link-ups on the challenge post for us participants to link up on. The hosts will also feature one post from the month before.

Using the hashtag #LetsDiscuss2016 on Twitter, us participants can talk about our progress any day of the year, as well as communicating with each other and discovering new blogs!

I can’t tell any of you what ideas I have in mind for this challenge mostly because I literally have no ideas yet, it’s a surprise! For more information about the 2016 Book Blog Discussion Challenge, you can check out Nicole's post here or Shannon's post here.


What are the challenges you plan on joining this year? Why did you pick that specific challenge? Are you excited about it? Nervous? Anything?! Let’s talk about it below!













author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

4 comments:

  1. I'm not doing any challenges other than the Goodreads challenge and I always set the goal low on that one, so I'll definitely reach it. :D If I were doing challenges, I'd definitely do the rock my TBR one though, because I should REALLY read some of the books I already own instead of buying new books all the time. Then again... can you really have too many books? I don't think so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm setting my goal to around 60 or so books on the Goodreads challenge! Hoping I can actually read a hundred, but I know it won't be possible for me. xD (Unless I read piles and piles of short stories.)

      Also, NOPE. Buying books should never be a bad thing! At least, I think so... My parents always tell me why I buy so many books when I haven't even read the ones I previously bought and I'm just sitting there like "Guys, you don't understand..." xD

      Delete
  2. i'm joining the 2016 discussion challenge as well! this is my first time attempting a reading challenge, so i'm not sure how it'll go, but i'm excited anyway!

    i'm new to book blogging actually, so i don't know about too many blogs, but i'm glad i found yours because it is so aesthetically pleasing and you seem so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, WELCOME TO THE BOOK BLOGGING COMMUNITY! *pops imaginary confetti and hugs you*

      Good luck to us with our challenges! I'm totally excited to do them as well. :)

      Delete

Back to Top