Saturday, November 7, 2015

How To: Hide Deleted iBooks Purchases



If you're a noob like I am, you're probably here because you're frustrated as to why the book you deleted on iBooks just won't disappear - it only stays there with a cloud symbol on the top right hand of its cover.

Well, that's exactly why I'm here - to help you make that book *magically* (well not really) disappear.

This tutorial only works for ebooks that were purchased directly from iBooks. If you downloaded the ebook using Safari, deleting it won't be much of a problem.

The thing you need to keep in mind is that you can't really delete that book temporarily. You cannot erase it from your "Purchased" list as well. The only thing that's close to deleting your book permanently is to hide it. And here's how:

Step #1: Open your iBooks

Probably the most obvious thing to do.

Step #2: Click on "Select"

At the top-right, you'll find a "Select" button. Press that button and then the book you'd like to disappear. Then, click on the "Delete" button (it's colored in red) beside "Move" at the top-left corner of your screen.

Step #3: Let's make that book disappear!

The book you just "Deleted" will still stay in your library with a cloud symbol at the top-right corner of its cover. If that happens, don't fret - you're not making any mistakes.

The next thing you'll need to do is to go to your Collections. To do so, just click on the label at the top of your screen (in the middle) and it will show you to the "Collections" page. At the bottommost part, you'll see a sticky footer saying "Hide iCloud Books." Enable that option, and click on "Done" at the top-right.

Do you still see the book? No? Ha, told you it's magic.

If by any chance you'd like to get that book back so you can re-download it, just disable the "Hide iCloud Books" option, and it'll reappear on your library.

If you have any questions or if you're stuck on one of the steps, feel free to ask below on the comments section and I'll make sure to reply asap.

I hope I helped you guys with this tutorial! If you'd like me to make more, mention below what problem you need help with. If I know the answer, I'll make sure to post the tutorial sometime soon.

For now, I'll leave you guys with this. Ciao! (yes, you can kill me now for saying that I'm sorry)




author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

2 comments:

  1. This is really helpful, Mara :) I don't use iBooks so often since i have a Kindle, but I do see some of the issues with what iBook seems to be doing. Thanks so much for this; it was really helpful :D

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I'm a bit of a sore thumb for using iBooks more often that Kindle, though I'm happy to still be of help haha.

      Delete

Back to Top