Friday, November 27, 2015

FF #3: What Kind Of Genre Would You Write & What Book(s) Would You Buy For $100?

Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read, which is made to discover and follow other blogs and get followed in return, as well as writing prompts you can answer every week!
Hey there and welcome to my third finally-Friday Feature & Follow Friday! Here are the rules if you'd like to join in on the fun:
  1. Follow the hosts (this is a requirement)
  2. Follow the featured bloggers (also required)
  3. Put your blog name and url in the linky thing (you'll know once you check the post on the host's blogs)
  4. Grab the button up there (well not mine, thats customised to match my blog, check out the host's blog posts) and place it in your post, this will give people a place to say 'hi' in your comments and let you know that they are following you.
  5. If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friend Connect) state  in your posts how you would like to be followed
  6. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say 'HI'
  7. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love.....and the followers
  8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment (on the hosts blog) and let them know, so they can stop by and check out your blog!

This week, we've got two questions. This first is:

If you could write a book what genre would it be? - Suggested by A Realm of Books

This depends. Do you mean even though I'm pretty sure it'll come out as a terrible gasp-ugly work? If so, then Young Adult Sci-Fi Romance, or maybe YA Fantasy Romance. I love reading  Fantasy and Sci-Fi, because they bring me to worlds I've never been to before. Plus I love imagining their world as somewhere I could possibly be in. I'd love to try it out for myself, though I'm pretty sure it includes two months worth of Googling stuff for my fictional country (or planet, who knows).

However, if it needs to be a book that I'm sure I can write properly (at least, I think I wrote it properly), then I'd write Contemporary YA Romance. I just love romance, okay? A book needs to squeeze in a little bit of that genre somehow or else I'd get bored and have nothing to cheer on so badly (unless the MC is on a mission to save the world, then maybe I can root for that). But hey, who doesn't love a touch of romance these days, right? It spices up the story somehow.

The second question is:

Black Friday Eve!You have $100 (or pounds o whatever your currency is) to spend on books. What are you going to buy? - Suggested by Alison Can Read

P100 in the Philippines is far from the money I need to buy at least one good YA book out there (I'd need P500 for one book, at least). But if this means the equivalent currency of $100 in Philippine Peso, then that's a lot. I'd probably buy tons of books from my TBR list. Illuminae, The Young Elites (books 1 & 2), Red Queen (books 1 & 2 as well), The Rest Of Us Just Live Here, and a whole lot more. I'll probably buy every YA book I see in the bookstore until I run out of money too, because why not? I'm an extremely avid bookworm and I'd probably buy the whole store and claim every book as mine if I just had the money.

For the subscription, I'd love to have more followers on Twitter this week, since I'm just starting out in that platform. But if you'd rather follow me from somewhere else (like Bloglovin' or E-Mail), then that's okay with me! :)

How about you?
author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

9 comments:

  1. Yeah a hundred pesos is not enough even for one book. Maybe one from BookSale LOL...

    Anyway, I'd love to buy The Maps of Middle Earth and Illustrated Movie Companions of Twilight Saga and VampireAcademy... Happy friday!

    PS Cool, you're only 15 and you already own a book blog! Keep reading and posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Hahaha. Although BookSale barely has the types of books I love to read, which is a shame. </3

      I have book one of the illustrated version of Twilight, and it's honestly really pretty. I enjoyed reading it a bit more than the actual book, to be honest.

      Also, thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. I've seen Illuminae on several posts today! Let's say it's $100 in Philippine Pesos :)

    https://girlof1000wonders.wordpress.com/2015/11/27/feature-follow-friday-november27/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was honestly so amazing. I've been searching through book stores so I could buy it, but it's still not available. It really frustrates me.

      Delete
  3. I would defintely get Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard as well.
    New folower on Twitter and Bloglovin!

    My FF: http://ow.ly/Va3F0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Illuminae is high on my list of books to buy, too. It looks so good. I’m a new Bloglovin’ follower.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm new to the #FF Meme. I have followed a few blogs including the required 3. Here's a link to my post! https://intoxicatedbybooks.wordpress.com/2015/11/28/166/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come on Mara! We all know you could never write a "terrible gasp-ugly work"! Anything that you come up with will surely be nice and you'll a reader on me! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you make me blush, haha! I haven't written a novel in ages, but I hope I get to share it on my blog once I get my ass up and finally work on a book I'll be proud of. xD

      Delete

Back to Top