Friday, November 27, 2015

BPC 2015: It'd Be Awesome To Have Tris Prior As My BFF (And Kick Butts Together)



Last week in the Blogger Positivity Campaign: The Book Blogging Community ROCKS!

It’s week two of #BPC2015, and today’s topic serves as a letter to someone who’s changed us participants as a reader today – or how he or she has changed our lives in the present. I have chosen to write a letter to Tris Prior, the main character of Veronica Roth’s Divergent series. Why? The reason can be read below...


One of the things that made me love the Divergent series is how Tris conveys the said “woman power.” I love how Four doesn’t treat her like a weakling, and how he trusts her that she can protect herself. Four doesn’t embrace the role of her “Knight In Shining Armor” 24/7 where he needs to protect her at all times or he “can’t deal with himself.” No. Tris can live by her own – she may need the assurance of Four by her side, yes, but at least she can fight for herself, while still having a soft spot for her family.

The following is my letter to Tris. If only she existed and I could give it to her in person (and force ask her to be my BFF while I'm at it)...
Dear Tris, 
It’s a bit awkward talking to a fictional character, to be honest, but I’m still going to do this anyway, so here it goes.
You don’t know how much you’ve inspired me to be strong. You’ve taught me how to learn to protect myself, that in the end, the most important thing to know is how to live through life and fight by myself because there will always be the possibility of being all alone someday, and I need to be prepared for it. Because of you, I’ve learned that I don’t need to be dependent on people to protect me. That I should also be the strength of others just how much they are a strength for me. I believe you deserved a much better life than you did (damn Veronica Roth, you made me cry with how Allegiant ended), but you left a mark in your world, and I’d like to leave one, too. Even if it’s not the world I live in, even if it’s at least my family, or my circle of life where people know I exist.
Thank you so much for being an inspiration to me. I’ll make sure to hold on in life. I’ll make sure to be a strength to other people as well.
Lots of love,
Mara


Sorry, was that a bit too emotional? This campaign gave me the chance to do this thing, so I made sure to make the best of it lol. Here’s a cute cat to lighten your day:



Cat photos aside though - How about you? Have you got someone – or something – that helped you be the reader you are today? May it be an author, a fictional character, or the nightstand that helps you carry your books all night while you sleep instead of making you stand up and put it on your bookshelf at the other end of your room. Don’t hesitate to share about it in the comments below!
author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

11 comments:

  1. I only recently finished the Divergent series and I think because someone spoiled the ending for me it kind of ruined it and I never felt that deeply connected with the characters, but I know exactly what you mean! It's crazy how much fictional people mean to us, but I think it's amazing that we learn so much from them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even begin to explain how much reading books and relating to their characters has changed me. That's possibly one of the reasons why I'll never stop reading...

      Thanks for hanging out at MWH!

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love this letter. It is so heartfelt and beautifully written. ♥ Tris is such an amazing character, and I agree that she is especially inspiring too. Not only does she teach us how to be brave and how to stand up for ourselves, but she teaches us how important selflessness and love are too. Thanks for sharing this and, as always, fabulous post! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire Tris so much, I wish I could be like her along with other heroines that I admire as well! I never read Allegiant because somebody spoiled to me the ending lol, but anyway I like Tris's bravery and strength. It's amazing how she can do so much more, even if others might've underestimated her simply because she was a girl.

    Great letter Mara :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always love the scene where people would tell her she can't shoot them, and she does to prove them wrong haha.

      Delete
  4. I haven't been much of a reader today but maybe tomorrow. :) Anyway, what's your favorite book of all time. My favorite is probably one of the classics. I just finished a book that's about changing one's way of thinking to more positive. Next, I hope to read some Science Fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorites change since there are so many books out there that's getting published every month! But since you're asking me, then I might have to choose Illuminae for now. It's a Young Adult novel by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman and I really loved it. Since it's Science Fiction, you might want to check it out sometime. :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a touching letter <3 I have never read Divergent, but it sounds like Tris is a great heroine to have in one's life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, this letter is so touching and sweet! I'm so glad that you discovered Tris. This is one of my favorite BPC posts...definitely including it in my wrapup!
    http://mybookliferead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top