Friday, November 20, 2015

BPC 2015: The Book Blogging Community ROCKS

It's time for another round of the Book Blogger Positivity Campaign! Today's topic is about the book blogging community. It's a freebie post where we'll be talking about anything concerning the community. What better way to start things off than to share our love to the family we're in, right?

So let's get started!


THINGS I LOVE ABOUT THE BOOK BLOGGING COMMUNITY


I've only been in the family - I'd honestly rather call it a family than a community, it has a much better feel into it somehow, you know? - for around... two-three months? I haven't found my way through thousands of book blogs yet (though I've already found a lot since I started), and I can only say so little, but I think I can already tell why I love being in this family-like community already. Three of my mostly-indescribable reasons, at least.

Let's start with how nice everyone is. Or at least, I've never met one mean blogger from the community yet, which is good. I can feel that everyone tries their best to reply to comments given to them, and try to comment back when they have time. I try to do the same as much as I can, too. I know how refreshing and happy it feels to know that someone commented on your posts - it's like knowing somebody cares about what you're writing and they're actually finding the time to talk to you about what you just posted.

Second, they care about their readers. They don't just throw book reviews at them because that's basically what their blog's main focus is. They do their best to communicate with their readers through questions at the end of any of their posts to start a conversation, which is really nice of them. Most of us (including me) even join memes to entertain our readers and start discussions to keep the comments rolling. They don't leave their readers hanging after each published work, they let them be included in it.

Third, everybody is dedicated to their blog. They do their best to build traffic, to find friends, to know what their readers want and make better stuff from it. They do giveaways, they keep themselves up-to-date about all of the possible bookish news out there, they do their best to spread the word around about their blog through social media. Everybody is working their ass off for their blog, which drives me to do my best as well. It's inspiring somehow, and I love it.

What do YOU love about this family?
author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

15 comments:

  1. This whole blogger positivity campaign is making me feel so much love for the book blogging community! I just love that there is constant book talk going on and everyone is on the same page (ha!) as in we all obsess over books and anything book related! It's faaabbb!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! It's so fun talking to people that you know can relate to you. This campaign helps me discover even more people I can talk to about books as well, which is great!

      Delete
  2. You literally said every beautiful thing about this community! :D I love how everyone is so interactive, regardless of how we're technically scattered all across the world. It amazes me how I even have blog buddies from the UK, and that's literally all across from where I am. Everyone connects with everyone, and we all bond by one single force -- BOOKS <3 Hahaha. Great post, and I enjoyed reading through it :)

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! Haha thanks, Jillian. :)

      Delete
  3. Ahh, everyone is SO NICE. I so agree with everything you said!! And this is DEFINITELY a family, but better, because YAY, NEW ADDITIONS TO THE FAMILY ALL THE TIME! The book blogosphere is an AMAZING place to be, SO MANY NEW FRIENDS TO MAKE!! <33 Sorry, am I scaring you with all those CAPS?? I'm harmless, I swear ;) And at this point I'm rambling. Sorry. Just wanna say hi! So lovely to stumble across your blog while blog-hopping on Jill's event! :D

    Ranu @ The Araliya Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all right, I tend to use all caps 80% of the time in my virtual life. xD

      Totally, I love blog hopping and stalking -- errr... Discoveringnew blogs to follow! Everyone's just so approachable and friendly it's contagious hahaha. (Did I say stalk? I said discover, okay? Discover. *looks away*)

      Thank you so much for stopping by MWH!

      Delete
  4. I agree with everything you mentioned above! I've been blogging for less than six months as well, and it's fun to connect with readers from around the world. I love how everyone tries to help each other, whether it be by blogging tips or book recommendations. It's wonderful to have that much support :)
    Nice to meet you Mara!

    Joan @ Fiddler Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It also helps to check out other book bloggers' advice whenever I'm not sure about something or just really a lost potato about a certain topic (lol). It's good to know that there will always be other book bloggers that're ready to help you with open arms. :)

      It's nice to meet you, too! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  5. This was such an inspirational post, Mara! I loved all of your reasons and I completely agree with every single one of them. I love how invested everyone is in the whole art of book blogging, the way people are open and friendly, excited to meet new people. And you're right, family is a much better word - it carries a larger sense of belonging :-) Fab post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely! It makes me feel so excited to be a part of the community. I too love how bloggers care about their readers - it's so great when they actually interact with readers whether it's through discussions or replying to comments. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Even the smallest "Hi" in the comments make my day as a blogger. It's good to know that people actually visited your blog and cared enough to leave a comment. :)

      Delete
  7. I completely agree with everything you've said here. Everyone is so kind and supportive, and that makes it blogging such a rewarding experience. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous post! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly. I love hanging out at the community a lot because of it. And you're welcome! :)

      Delete
  8. Aw, this is such a great topic! I really love connecting with people & how diverse everyone is! I have friends from the Philippines, United Kingdom, and even Australia. I also love how positive THE MAJORITY is. There is always someone to fangirl/fanboy with, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top