Sunday, November 8, 2015

BBH Nov. 6th-12th: Yeah, I Take Notes


Previously hosted by Jen @ Crazy For Books, and now by Ramblings of A Coffee Addicted Writer, Book Blogger Hop is a weekly post to help book bloggers connect with each other. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.



This week's question is:

As you are reading a book, do you take notes for your reviews, write your reviews as you read, or something totally different? - Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews

Yes I do. Since I usually read from my eReader, I make sure to add notes to scenes, paragraphs, sentences or words that I'll have to point out in my review. If the plot hole I noted is explained at the end of the story, I delete it.

However, when I read through physical copies, I tend to just read the whole thing. I sometimes write the page numbers I want to remember for my review on a piece of paper. But most of the time, I'm too lazy to write notes whenever I'm reading through physical copies so I just read it, finish it, and write my review from the notes I remember in my head.

How about you?
author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

5 comments:

  1. I always take notes and write as I read. :)

    Thanks for sharing your process.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nver take notes! I'm just too lazy. XD And the majority of my reads are physical. When I'm on a kindle I'll highlight TONS of stuff and just hope I remember why when it comes to the review...hehe. When reading physical books sometimes I take photos of the page/page number, but mostly I just read straight through and write a wild random review at the end. :P 😆
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking photos of physical book pages might actually be a good idea! I'll try it out next time. ;)

      Delete
  3. I try to take notes, but it can be so inconvenient because I just want to read and experience the book. Making notes can take me out of the book, and I don't want that to happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard for me at first as well, but if I don't take notes, I sometimes end up not knowing what to say once I make my book review haha.

      Delete

Back to Top