Saturday, November 28, 2015

BBH #4: Reliable Reviews?



Previously hosted by Jen @ Crazy For Books, and now by Ramblings of A Coffee Addicted Writer, Book Blogger Hop is a weekly post to help book bloggers connect with each other. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week's question is:

How reliable can you say your are in terms of having promised reviews completed for blog tours or publisher and author requests? Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews


I can say I'm pretty reliable. When I accept review requests, I make sure to finish them and publish it by the date we agreed upon (or if there isn't a deadline, then I make sure to finish it by a week or two). I easily regret stuff, so I make sure that what I'm accepting is something I'm sure I can do. So when I say I'll do it, then I really do it.

How about you?
author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

6 comments:

  1. Good for you! :D I think that's the best way to be! Obviously we can't always do everything, but I think the key is not to over extend yourself, right?! Only accept what one can do! I had to learn that the hard way...oops. But I definitely review everything I've requested too. ^_^
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned not to accept everything that goes my way from the tons of blogs I read daily... So I luckily got some heads-up before I had to regret anything, which is a good thing.☺

      Delete
  2. I agree that it is very important if you say you are going to do something then you do it. Although we're not being paid we're still being depended on. Sometimes things happen but those are so rare and should be treated as such. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I honestly think it's better to reject requests that lead authors/publishers on and eventually leave them disappointed. That hasn't happened to me before, but I'm hoping it won't.

      Thanks for visiting MWH! :)

      Delete
  3. I would say that I am pretty reliable too, but that is mostly due to going crazy with too many obligations early on and learning my lesson. I have since revamped my approach and am enjoying what I read again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. When things feel a bit like work, I tend to get on a reading slump and have problems reviewing books properly like I always do. :(

      Delete

Back to Top