Sunday, September 27, 2015

I'm An Otaku

From the manga "Orange" by Takano Ichigo.
(Left) Naruse Kakeru (Right) Takamiya Naho
I'd like to start this off with a "thank you" to my sister who influenced me with a lot of things before I even knew what the word meant. Yes, she influenced me with the world of Anime, and I don't think I can leave anymore.

Since I was in around second grade, I've already been introduced with anime series such as "Mirmo De Pon" and "Pichi Pichi Pitch," which escalated to "Princess Resurrection" and "Vampire Knight" (Yes, I've had my fair share of the "vampire" madness during the time of Twilight). Eventually I've learned to discover more series on my own, and that's how I've become a shoujo lover through and through.

I've watched and read works such as Special A, Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama and Ouran High School Host Club, and even the new ones like "Dengeki Daisy" and "My Little Monster" (Also known as "Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun"). I've been searching through tons of shoujo recommendations recently just so I won't run out of anything to read. I've even decided to create a Tumblr blog where I could vent out all of my shoujo addiction.
Yoshida Haru from My Little Monster a.k.a.Tonari No Kaibutsu-Kun

But how did I end up becoming an Otaku?

I'm only going to be guessing here, of course. I don't really know how myself. All I know is that I took one step into the fandom, and boom. It's really quite hard to explain.

So, how should I start?

I guess it'd be the hot guys. I don't know about you, but I've found a lot of handsome anime
characters out there and I can't just help but wish that every boy in the world were anime characters just so every single one of them would look handsome. Think Takumi Usui. Or Yoshida Haru. Or maybe even Oikawa Tooru. Heck, I could name a lot right here, but I'd probably bore you out of it, so I'd rather not (Sorry about that).

Kurebayashi Teru (left) and Kurosaki
Tasuku (right) From Dengeki Daisy 
Second, it's probably the way I can read their comics. Unlike the usual left-to-right, mangas are read from right to left. It just amazes me how I can read it like that, I don't even know. Probably one of the reasons why I consider myself a weirdo.

Third, I love the plot in a lot of anime/manga series. Some realistic ones even make me feel like I can relate to them. (Even though I don't. Since I mostly read romantic shoujos which wreck my heart even though I don't have a boyfriend.)

Fourth - and probably the last I can put into words - I love how the characters are drawn unlike the usual comic-type drawings found in newspapers. Just one look at them and you'll know immediately that it's an anime. The way the details are drawn and how the animations are created, everything is different than other types of cartoons, and that's probably what I like the most.


So what about you? Are you an Otaku? Have you been thinking of trying out if the fandom's worth taking a look inside? Share your opinions below. :)

(P.S.: I spent like over an hour thinking of what photos I could use for this post. It was honestly nerve-wrecking.)
author image

Mara @ Mara Was Here

*Pops confetti* Congratulations, you've reached 'till the end of this post! I'm Mara, 15, and I love anything bookish and graphic designing. I also spend 90% of my life fawning over fictional boyfriends and smelling books. Thanks for hanging out at my blog! (And yes, that's me sniffing Six of Crows in our car.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top